B.2.46 Senior Pulmonary Subject Matter Expert
A Senior Subject Matter Expert in pulmonary science is needed to provide contracted staffing support to the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, DC. The mission of BARDA is to develop and procure medical countermeasures (MCM) that address the public health and medical consequences of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) accidents, incidents and attacks, pandemic influenza, and emerging infectious diseases. Specifically, BARDA supports the advanced development and procurement of drugs, vaccines and other products that are considered priorities for national health security. For more information on BARDA please visit their website at: http://www.phe.gov/about/BARDA/Pages/default.aspx
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), advisor, and point of contact for pulmonary science
- Provide technical expertise and review clinical and non-clinical, regulatory, and quality aspects of advanced development and acquisition programs and proposals.
- Provide in-depth knowledge on the pathophysiology of pulmonary disease states, diagnosis, prognosis, therapeutic options
- Assist in the development of and utilize pulmonary medical countermeasures landscape and advice to ensure effective and proper portfolio expansion and execution.
- Provide in-depth knowledge on drug or medical countermeasure development strategies.
- Participate in on-site technical audits of on-going pulmonary studies, and provide expertise and recommendations. Provide expertise for additional translational application of current study animal models.
- Appropriate educational background as a M.D. or Ph.D., preferably with clinical experience. Masters level with 15+ years of experience would be considered.
- Expertise in pulmonary toxicology, pulmonary physiology or pathophysiology, animal model development and/or development of pulmonary therapeutics
- Familiarity with treatment options and drugs for conditions such as ARDS, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, etc., a plus
- Must be a US citizen.